My Favorite Reads...and My Life

Some of you may ask why all my blog posts say "kudos" instead of "comments" at the bottom. I changed it because "kudos" is the same in its singular and plural form. So instead of "1 comments," which drives some people crazy, you see "1 kudos" or "3 kudos," both of which are correct.


Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren

I was able to read a copy of The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren, by Wendy Toliver. It was absolutely fabulous!!

Roxy's life isn't so glamorous in the beginning, seeing as she has frizzy hair, glasses, and is a band geek. But everything changes when, the moment she turns sixteen, she becomes a Siren: a drop-dead gorgeous girl with "Siren powers" to control all the men around her by simply playing her flute. There are two conditions, however. First, she can never tell anyone about being a Siren, and second, she can never fall in love.

The main character Roxy is completely wonderful. She is a character that has a good moral compass, yet she is not annoyingly innocent. It's great to see how Roxy deals with her moral compass getting tested throughout the book. The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren was a quick, easy read, and it was very enjoyable. I finished the book in one night, excited to read what happens in the end.

I was very satisfied with the ending, but I won't tell you what happens! Just know it's a good ending!

An additional plus: the cover of this book is very cute!

Buy The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren now: http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Teenage-Siren-Romantic-Comedies/dp/1416950656/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201755347&sr=8-1

AND

visit Wendy Toliver's website to learn more about her books at http://www.wendytoliver.com/

4 comments:

Little Willow said...

Reason #89712 Why We Get Along: We devour books at the same rapid pace. :)

Little Willow said...

Postscript: Let me know if I can send this link to Wendy!

Gela said...

Reason # 2331 Why We Get Along: We contact authors, aka: Haha...I already sent it to her.

Unless you can send it to a we've-actually-talked-before email address, as opposed to the fanmail-and-all-other-stuff email address that was on her website.

Wendy Toliver said...

What a fun blog, Gela! I'm so honored that you read and enjoyed The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren. Hugs to fabulous you and the fabulous Little Willow.
:)