My Favorite Reads...and My Life

Some of you may ask why all my blog posts say "kudos" instead of "comments" at the bottom. I changed it because "kudos" is the same in its singular and plural form. So instead of "1 comments," which drives some people crazy, you see "1 kudos" or "3 kudos," both of which are correct.


Sunday, February 10, 2008

Alive and Well in Prague, New York

Daphne Grab wrote Alive and Well in Prague, New York which is literally an amazing book.

Matisse Osgood is a true city girl who is forced to move to the country because her dad has Parkinson's disease (PD). Alive and Well shows Matisse coping (and not coping) with her dad's disease. Matisse learns more about trusting and relying on your friends, opening up to people, such as Hal, as sweet farmer boy, and letting people really get to know her. This book is heavy, but it made me cry and it made me laugh as well. [Literally, tears were streaming down my face while I was reading it.] To lighten it up a little, readers will enjoy the romance in the book as well.
Matisse is a very strong person, and her friends are very supportive. She makes mistakes sometimes, but she ultimately learns to deal with her life instead of trying to escape.

Alive and Well is scheduled to hit the shelves in June 2008.
Preorder it now on Amazon

Check out http://daphnegrab.com/
Daphne Grab is also one of the Longstockings, so check out their blog: http://thelongstockings.blogspot.com/

Sorry for the short review, but I've got homework!!

Really, this is an absolute INCREDIBLE book!! Read it!!

6 comments:

daphne grab said...

gela, your review totally made my day- thanks!!

TJ Brown said...

I can't wait to read this book!
Teri

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Are YOU a city mouse or a country mouse?

Gela said...

SUCH the city mouse.

y tu?

Little Willow said...

Yo estoy un ratón de una ciudad pequeña.

Anonymous said...

I loved this book, too!