My Favorite Reads...and My Life

Some of you may ask why all my blog posts say "kudos" instead of "comments" at the bottom. I changed it because "kudos" is the same in its singular and plural form. So instead of "1 comments," which drives some people crazy, you see "1 kudos" or "3 kudos," both of which are correct.


Monday, February 4, 2008

Prom Kings and Drama Queens

Prom Kings and Drama Queens by Dorian Cirrone will be released February 26, 2008, but I got to read an advance copy and it was such a page turner!

After seeing the headlines in the news about Hurricane Emily, Emily Bennet states that she wants to take the world by storm. (Just not like tearing houses down and shutting off electricity!) Emily has a to-do list, with some impossible tasks on it. Namely, going out with her longtime crush, Brian Harrington, and beating her rival Daniel Cummings for the Editor-in-Chief position of her school newspaper. And she wants to do something really special and important for the world.

And she starts achieving her goals; she's kissing Brian and raising money for her community. But Emily's also finding it difficult to stick to her list. And will she make the right decision between what she wants and what she knows is right?

The book has a strong start from the first chapter, and continues all the way. Prom Kings and Drama Queens was also very funny, and I couldn't put it down. In fact, I stayed up until late at night reading it until I finished it. Emily is someone that readers will be able to relate to and also look up to. She's a strong character and is definitely on my favorite all-time character list. The ending was so cute and very strong, and I can't wait for the book to come out.

You can pre-order the book at http://www.amazon.com/Kings-Drama-Queens-Dorian-Cirrone/dp/0061143723/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202182143&sr=8-1

AND

check out the author's website at http://doriancirrone.com/

2 comments:

Little Willow said...

I knew you would dig this book. I love that Emily comes full circle and learns to rock. :)

Anonymous said...

http://slayground.livejournal.com/347215.htmlr