My Favorite Reads...and My Life

Some of you may ask why all my blog posts say "kudos" instead of "comments" at the bottom. I changed it because "kudos" is the same in its singular and plural form. So instead of "1 comments," which drives some people crazy, you see "1 kudos" or "3 kudos," both of which are correct.


Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nightstand

Hey! Let's play a game!

Si! Me encantan los juegos!

It's called, List All the Books on Your Nightstand RIGHT NOW.

Ok. Pero my nightstand es muy grande!

Jealous? Melissa de la Cruz
There's a New Name in Town Melissa de la Cruz
The Second Virginity of Suzy Green Sara Hantz
Tips on Having a Gay (ex) Boyfriend Carrie Jones
Cindy Ella Robin Palmer

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You Ally Carter
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy Ally Carter
Gettin' Lucky (haven't read yet) Micol Ostow
How NOT to Spend Your Senior Year (haven't read yet) Cameron Dokey
The Boys Next Door Jennifer Echols

The Girlfriend Project (library--haven't read yet) Robin Friedman
Fireworks: Four Summer Stories Niki Burnham, Erin Haft, Sarah Mlynowski, and Lauren Myracle
Alive and Well in Prague, New York Daphne Grab
The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren Wendy Toliver
Simon Boom, The Gravity Keeper Michael Reisman

How to be Popular Meg Cabot
Cathy's Book (haven't read yet) Sean Stewart and Jordan Weisman
The Portable Dorothy Parker (not the original; I have the complete works of Dorothy Parker)
Harry Potter 7
Harry Potter 5

Fourth Comings Megan McCarfferty
Reckless, an It Girl Novel Cecily von Ziegesar
Beloved Toni Morrison
Tell It to Naomi Daniel Ehrenhaft
Assorted Gossip Girl Books by Cecily von Ziegesar

1984 George Orwell
The Picture of Dorian Gray Oscar Wilde
All Quiet on the Western Front Erich Maria Remarque
One Hundred Years of Solitude Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Dial L for Loser Lisi Harrison

21 Proms
Jane Eyre

The Scarlet Letter Nathaniel Hawthorne (technically, this was on the floor next to my nightstand).

Yes, my nightstand is quite tall, and it is stuffed with books. Some of them are mine, some of them were reading for school. Some are from the library, and some belong to Little Willow.

So....

What's on your nightstand?
(This is said better as in mimicking the Capital One commercials that ask "What's in your wallet?")

Lates!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I greatly enjoy this post.

I do not own ANY Dorothy Parker. Isn't that sad?

Gamma Glamma, The Sweet Far Thing, Don't Get It Twisted, Heartbreakers, Sensitive, Pillow Talk (play adaptation) and Oggie Cooder are stacked up on mine.

Gela said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was kind of supposed to be an easy, quick post...until I realized how many books were in my nightstand.

And I will buy you some Dorothy Parker for your birthday. After all, everyone needs a shot of cynicism on her birthday from "that bird [who] only sings when she's unhappy. (Alexander Woollcott).

Long day, eh?

Jen Bladen said...

How pathetic. I currently only have a journal, a spiral notebook that says "Boys are Smelly" and some paperwork I have to finish. Books, huh? What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I have so many books on my nightstand...and then a huge bookshelf next to that...so here we go...

All 7 Harry Potter Books, Women of Bible, some trash romance book about marrying a Prince (way cheesy)and my journal...under several wadded kleenex. :)

Gela said...

Jen (heehee), you need to get on it. The Nightstand is a great place for books.

And just in case you thought that it was ALL books, my nightstand also houses my iHome (which is completely useless with my iPhone), a monkey lamp (!), iDog (also completely useless since I lost the cord), black nail polish (also completely useless--do I strike you as the type of person who would wear black nail polish?), and a glass of water (very useful, since I can't go to bed unless I have drunk a glass of cool water).

Robin Palmer said...

that's not a nightstand, gela -- that's a LIBRARY. John Richardson's third installment of his biography about Picasso is on mine and because it's such a big book there's no room for anything else.

Gela said...

I know, I didn't realize how many books were actually in my nightstand.