My Favorite Reads...and My Life

Some of you may ask why all my blog posts say "kudos" instead of "comments" at the bottom. I changed it because "kudos" is the same in its singular and plural form. So instead of "1 comments," which drives some people crazy, you see "1 kudos" or "3 kudos," both of which are correct.


Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cindy Ella

Cindy Ella by Robin Palmer

Cindy Ella Gold has been teased about her name since forever, but the truth is, she's not a fairytale princess. She's just a normal high school student who's in love with the most popular boy in school, Adam Silver. The hope of dating Adam (hello! Silver and Gold. They should be together!) is dashed when she writes an anti-Prom letter to the editor of her high school newspaper, hoping other people will agree with her views. Instead they shun her, because in LA, prom is super-important, especially to her fashion-obsessed, popular stepsisters. They're not evil and neither is her stepmom, but they just don't have the same priorities as Cindy. And while all this happens, she tells it to a guy she met online, BrklynBoy. It's too bad that BrklynBoy doesn't live in LA, because he's the one who totally understands Cindy.

Cindy Ella sticks to the Cinderella story without overdoing the cliche. Readers will enjoy the strong, sometimes confused high school girl, and her quirky friends, in addition to the situations Cindy gets herself into. A super fab, super cute, un-cliche but fulfilling happy ending will satisfy readers, while the plot twists will engage readers. And teenage girls from LA will totally enjoy and laugh out loud at the references to the real-life LA environment, from the traffic on Coldwater Canyon to the skirts of the girls from Immaculate Heart.

I completely recommend this book!

Buy it on Amazon!!!!

Also, check out Robin Palmer's website. It's so cute, and the colors match the cover of the book. It was designed by Little Willow of Rock the Rock web design.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

I am a fan of this book, this author, and pleated skirts.

Robin Palmer said...

I do not own any pleated skirts, but I do have way too many pairs of flip-flops. Thank you for your kind words and for supplying readers with such insightful reviews.

Gela said...

I own a pleated skirt, leftover from my Catholic school days...

Anonymous said...

I noted the kudos the other day, but neglected to verbalize my approval.

Gela said...

I basically changed it just for you.